Oil to Heat Pump
Oil to Heat Pump
Transition from oil heating to a heat pump and reduce your energy bills and your home's carbon footprint. The City is encouraging homeowners to replace their home heating oil tank with an efficient electric air source heat pump by offering an additional incentive to the Province's Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
Through a partnership with City Green Solutions, the City of Port Alberni is providing a top-up incentive of $500 each to the first 10 homes. This incentive is available in addition to up to $1700 through the Province's Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program, with funding from the Ministry of Energy and Mines' Innovative Clean Energy Fund.
- Homes must be located in the City of Port Alberni’s jurisdiction
- Homes must successfully complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
- If an individual owns multiple homes, a top-up incentive can be accessed for each qualifying legal dwelling unit.
- The $500 City of Port Alberni top-up incentive is available in addition to up to $1700 in Oil to Heat Pump Incentive program incentives.
- Applications must be received before March 31, 2018
To learn more, or to register for the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program, visit www.oiltoheatpump.ca or call 1.877.545.6247.
Why make the switch to a Heat pump?
- A typical heat pump can reduce heating costs by 65% - 80% from an oil heating system
- Eliminate the risk of a costly oil tank spill. Spills can have serious impacts on freshwater and marine environments
- Dramatically shrink your home’s greenhouse gas emissions
- Get comfortable, and cost effective, heating and cooling all year round