Whether you’re going to work or just going out to explore this diverse city, there’s a number of ways to get around. Port Alberni and the Alberni Valley have a wide array of transportation options to help you get where you need to go, including an extensive active transportation network.
- BC Transit Alberni/Clayoquot Transit System provides local city bus transportation within the City of Port Alberni.
- Port Alberni HandyDART is an accessible, door-to-door shared transit service for people with permanent or temporary disabilities.
- Taxi services are provided within Port Alberni by United Cabs (250-723-2121).
- Lady Rose Marine Services operates the Frances Barkley, providing marine transportation from Port Alberni to Bamfield and a number of other locations along the Alberni Inlet and Barkley Sound.
- The Alberni Valley Regional Airport is located approximately 7 kilometers west of Port Alberni.
- Pacific Seaplanes provides scheduled floatplane service and charters to and from Port Alberni.