The Business Licensing Bylaw regulates the operation of businesses within the City. With the exception of Government and Crown Corporations, all businesses located or operating in the City are required to have a Business Licence. The Finance Department issues Business Licenses and ensures compliance of the Business Licensing Bylaw by working closely with Planning, Fire and Building departments. If a compliance issue exists, the Bylaw Enforcement officer is then involved. The Intercommunity Business License Bylaw is now available in Port Alberni.
Applying for a Business License:
- Read Steps To Starting a Business in Port Alberni prior to submitting an application for a Business Licence.
- Work through the Business Licence application.
- If you will be operating a business from your home see Home Occupations for information about running a business from your own home.
- If you are a Mobile Vendor read the Mobile Vending Policy.
- SOCAN - If you use music, live or recorded, in your business or for your event you must comply with Federal Copyright Law.
- Complete and Submit the application form:
If you will be doing business only within city limits - Submit a Port Alberni Business Licence application form.
Submit your completed application form and any supporting documentation:
BizPaL Online Business Permits and Licences - For assistance with all levels of government regulatory requirements for a new business click on BIZPAL